Wednesday, August 28, 2013

6 months old (almost)

KenKen,

You are 6 months old, (well..almost, but who knows when I will have time to sit at a computer again and blog, so close enough!) and I can not believe how fast time is flying by. I was rocking you to sleep last night, just staring at you wondering how you got so big. I'm so sad knowing that you are growing fast, whether I like it or not. But each new stage is more fun and I love you more and more every day...which seems impossible because each day I feel like if I loved you anymore my heart would literally explode.


You have quite a little personality. You like you yell. All the time. Every now and then you use a little gentle voice, which I love, but mostly you like to yell! You like to pull on our faces and laugh. You like to put EVERYTHING in your mouth. Seriously...everything. My hair, Meeko's tail, daddy's nose, any finger that you can grab...anything and everything goes in your mouth. You love to smile at mommy's funny faces, and daddy makes you laugh when he gives your belly raspberries. Your laugh is the cutest thing I have ever heard...I spend all day tickling you and kissing you just so I can hear it! You are trying very hard to sit up by yourself, and can do it for a couple of seconds on your own. But then you get bored and launch yourself backwards, because you're crazy. Although, you sat up for your entire bath last night. I think you just do things when you feel like doing them and don't let anyone tell you what to do. I wonder where you got that from...EEK! You crawled a little bit last week, but you are still figuring it out. I'm almost sure by the end of this week you will be crawling all around the house like a little maniac. I think your fur sister, Meeko, is in big trouble when you can really move. You love her and love to pull her tail. We are still working on the whole "being gentle" thing.


You are finally learning to nap by yourself in the crib. Actually, that's where you are right now. Up until now you have been only napping on mommy. Not daddy or nana or anyone else...only mommy. Honestly, I miss the cuddles already. I picked you up at 3am last night and brought you into bed with me just to get some extra cuddles! But you're learning to be independent, and that is good too. You had your first taste of baby food the other day. We tried avocados first and you didn't like them, so next we tried oatmeal which you liked...but it didn't agree with your tummy. And today I am making you some sweet potatoes! I am planning your first Disneyland trip for October (in about 6 weeks). I bought you the cutest Mickey Mouse jumper. You only like Mickey Mouse, you yell at Minnie when she comes on tv. We do a mommy and me class once a week and you love to look at the other babies. Last week we had to leave early because you were really cranky, but we will try again today when you wake up.


It feels like I'm starting to get the hang of this mommy thing. I can't believe how much you have changed my life over the last 6 months. You have taught me SO much and you have made me a better person. It is funny how someone so little can make such a huge impact. You don't even know how very special you are. I hope that we always have a bond this great. I hope that you always look at me with the same loving eyes and scrunched nose smile that you do right now. I hope you know that when I say I will love you, unconditionally, for the rest of your life...I mean it more than I have ever meant anything.
I love you so much that it hurts, Makena.
I am so lucky that I get to be your mommy forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment