Monday, January 28, 2013

Nursery

It's nursery time!
We have just about 5 weeks left until we meet our baby girl, so this weekend we kicked our butts into gear and finished the nursery!
 
Brian will be working quite a bit over the next month, so I wanted to make sure that we had things ready for the baby while he could still help me.
 
I'm not super girly. I don't like over-the-top, hot pink, brightly colored, glittery girl things.
(No judgement if that's your thing!)
I wanted our baby's room to be neutral and calming, with hints of "girl".
I'm so happy with how things turned out!
 
 
Dresser and changing station
 

 
I liked the idea of having birds around the nursery.
Some cultures believe that birds symbolize eternal life or the transition between earth and heaven.
I thought that was fitting for us!
 
 
Reading/play area
 

Cubbies that will soon be toy-filled.


You are my miracle!


Her bear from London from her Big Nana.



Our friend made this sign. This is my favorite decoration in the nursery.



Can't have enough blankies!

 
Reading/feeding/sleeping area
 
 
I love these striped crib sheets.
 
 
How cute is vintage Eeyore?
 
 
A closer look at the bunting flags that my Mom (and second Mom) made!
They were made for my baby shower, but I loved them so much I added them to the nursery.
 
 
The cutest blanket I received at my shower.
A mama and baby bird! Fits perfectly.
 
 
Our friend made this sign as well.
Every baby needs some ABC's!
 

The most adorable happy monster.

 
This is about 1/8 of her clothes.
She will be more well dressed than her Mommy, for sure!
 

My first born, Meeko. She claimed this chair already!
(After trying to eat the happy monster...uh oh...)
 


 
Meeko and her sister, Kanga, are exhausted from watching us build things all day long!
This is their favorite room. It is so cute.
I love my fur babies!
 


 
We are getting so close to meeting our little girl and I am getting anxious!
I hope the next month goes by quickly!
 
Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you, baby girl!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment